|Dieser Artikel wartet auf (d)eine Übersetzung.|
|Darsteller||Zachary Quinto, |
Adrian Pasdar (as Nathan Petrelli)
|Erster Auftritt||Five Years Gone|
|Superkräfte||Intuitive Begabung |
Known powers gained:
|Voller Name||Gabriel Gray|
|Tätigkeit||Präsident der Vereinigten Staaten von Amerika|
|Eltern||Unnamed New York City watchmaker (father), |
Virginia Gray (Mutter)
Entwicklung des Charakters
Believed to have died in the explosion as well as caused it (in truth, it was Peter Petrelli), Sylar actually survived, killed Nathan Petrelli at an unknown point and impersonated him using the power of illusion, acquired from Candice Willmer. Consequently, Sylar is the President of the United States in 2011. As President, he has enacted a policy strictly monitoring and controlling the activities of evolved humans and used Homeland Security to enforce it.
Sylar, having acquired many powers over the years, no longer finds any point in getting new ones. Instead, he initiates a plan to eradicate all evolved humans with his power as president, wanting to eliminate the competition. However, there are two particular evolved humans that he wants to handle personally: Peter, and Claire Bennet. As Nathan, Sylar meets with Claire at the Petrelli Mansion. Claire, feeling spite for her father and his actions, tries to leave, but Sylar prevents her with his Telekinese. He proceeds to kill her and acquire her power, seeing hers as the last one he needs, and he expresses great pleasure in finally getting the chance after his failure in Homecoming.
During a ceremony commemorating the explosion, Sylar learns from Matt that Peter is trying to free Hiro so he can change the "past", and the Haitian is down. Sylar immediately flies to the Homeland Security holding facility, shocking all those at the ceremony. At the facility, Sylar phases through the door Peter was using to hold off his enemies, presumably having acquired the power from D.L. Hawkins. With Peter separated from the others as well as realizing that the Nathan before him is not his brother, Sylar reveals his true form. The two rivals then face each other in an epic showdown, the outcome of which is not known.
Sylar appears to have used his innate power to discover how to take the superpowers of other evolved humans. The exact mechanism by which Sylar gains these powers is not at present known; however, he believes that Chandra Suresh is correct that the abilities are based in the brain, and several of Sylar's victims have had their skulls opened and brains removed.
By 2011 in the dunkle Zukunft, Sylar has acquired additional powers. His known powers at this time include the following:
- Telekinese from Brian Davis. (Six Months Ago)
- Kryokinese from an unknown victim. (used in Kein Blick zurück, Comic:Road Kill and Five Years Gone)
- verbessertes Gedächtnis from Charlie Andrews. (stolen in Seven Minutes to Midnight, used in Comic:Road Kill)
- Verflüssigung from Zane Taylor. (Flucht)
- verbessertes Gehör from Dale Smither. (Unexpected)
- Vorhersehung from Isaac Mendez. (.07%)
- Illusion from Candice Willmer (Five Years Gone)
- Fliegen from Nathan Petrelli (Five Years Gone)
- Phasenverschiebung from D.L. Hawkins (Five Years Gone)
- Schnelle Zellregeneration from Claire Bennet (Five Years Gone)
"Let's be honest. I can fly. I'm hardly dangerous."
"I'm the leader of the free world. As far as I know, I'm the most special person there is."
"Brother versus brother. It's almost biblical."
"My brother can't walk through walls. Who are you?"
"An old friend. The guy they blamed for blowing up New York, but you and I know the real story, don't we, Pete?"
"When I killed Nathan, he had already turned against his own kind."
- In an interview, Aron Coleite and Joe Pokaski confirm that Sylar's phasing ability comes from D.L. Hawkins, who was brought to Mr. Bennet by Hiro Nakamura and subsequently turned over to Matt Parkman as a "dangerous" evolved human.
- Due to the events in the season one's finale, this future version of Sylar may have ceased to exist.
- This article depicts the future Sylar resulting from Hiro telling Peter to "save the cheerleader". In Comic: String Theory, Hiro discusses the previous timeline that existed before he went back in time to contact Peter. In that timeline, Hiro stabbed Sylar, but Sylar regenerated, and Hiro was unable to prevent him from exploding.